German tank commanders

German tank commanders

Monday, June 7, 2010

Journal Entry 1, Early Life

May 4, 1914
My name is Shane Halladay II,
I really got a lot on my mind, especially with all these war going on. I just don't feel the same. This entry, I fell like writing about my early life in case, I die one day.People would know my life's story.I was born in Heidenheim,45 kilometers ( 28 miles ) from ulm in the kingdom of Worttemberg ( which was then part of the German Empire). My parents baptised me November 17, 1891. i was the second child, son of the protestant head master of the secondary school at Aalon. It makes me want to cry just writing about my early life, those were good times. Anyway continuing my father was named Shane HalladayI ( who I was named after ). I never had a good relationship with my father. He was always so commanding and concerned how I approach myself towards people. Helene Castaing .....my mother on the other hand, I loved and adored. She always understood my ways and i could always trust her with my secrets etc.
At age 14 i wished of becoming an engineer,when I built my first full -scale glider that was able to fly short distances. But as always listening to my father, instead I joined the local 124th Worttemberg Infantry Regiment as an officer cadet in 1910. Then continued to the officer cadet school in Danzig. After a year in school, I graduated and was commissioned as a lieutenant in January 1912.

My life was going great at that time, it even got greater when I met my first wife. I remember it like if it was yesterday. She was 17 years old, her name is Alexandra smith. She was the most beautiful girl I've had ever seen. I still remember that one look I gave her and I knew she was going to be mine. It turned out exactly how I wanted it to be. We got married and had ourselves a son ( Shane Halladay III ). He Became mayor of Stuttgart. Man my early years passed quite happily. But now it's so terrible especially now that I'm fighting in WWI.
this is a link of world war

No comments:

Post a Comment